Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Its a nice day for flying.

As I was driving to work this morning I started to think about where I was at with my life right now. I started thinking about all the things that "create" a good, successful life. Then I made my checklist.

What makes a good life:
1)A great job-------check
2)A nice home-------check
3)A wonderful girlfriend----check
4)A decent truck------check
5)A slew of friends and relations----check
6)A good standing before God---Check
7)A healthy body----check

So all in all I dont have anything to complain about. I am happy. I have my share of trials, but overall I cannot complain. I just want to soak it all up right now. For once in my life, I dont have a reason to run or leave. My wings just dont feel like going anywhere. I will probably need a stretch before the year is through but right now at this moment I am okay.

I got cast in The Scarlet Pimpernel at the Hale Center Theater Orem. That was definitely something I have been working towards. I play a small role as a butler named Jessup, but the experience I have been having so far is amazing. I have truly learned so much about myself as an actor and what I am capable of doing. I love it. The Girl, The Grouch and the Goat is playing there now and my best friend Chase Ramsey is the lead. I recommend seeing it over and over. Its sooooo funny.

I am dating a girl. She is nice. She smells like a floral arrangement most the time. She understands that I fall asleep before midnight. She knows I cant play boardgames longer than 30 minutes. She likes to travel. She likes to sing. She knows how short my attention span is. But from what I can tell she kinda likes me. Weird.....I know.

School is back in session, sometimes I miss going to a school. Its funny how growing up I hated school with a passion. I cried every day in Kindergarten. It was a tragic experience for me. I eventually came to like it, then it was just something I did. Now that I do no need to be in school, I really want to learn more. Maybe Ill jump in and start taking some classes. Who knows.

So there we have it. In personal family news, my sister Melynda is getting married. This makes me happier than anything else. She deserves the best. I hope she gets everything that she has ever wanted.

I am grateful to be right here, right now, with the right people.

"Its a great day for flying"
-Xander
(The Girl, The Grouch and the Goat)

No comments:

Post a Comment