Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Too Young To Date.

I was sitting in church and the speaker started to speak about dating. During his talk he said, "I want all those who are old enough to date, to listen". Then it hit me.

I am definitely not old enough to date.

Some would say that being 24 years old is plenty old enough to date or that I am just trying to find some sort of excuse for not dating at the moment. (and by "Some", I am referring to all you kids who are married and are saying this) But I really dont think I am old enough. I try to think about having a relationship and the realize how much pressure that it will bring into my life. Then I start thinking about how stressed I would be if I had all this pressure of being a perfect boyfriend, then I start thinking about a mix between how much tire pressure is in my truck tires, how much it would cost to replace them and then that finally leads to the cost a girlfriend would ensue......Thats enough to give me an ulcer. So clearly I am not old enough to date.

I think one day though I will be ready. Maybe when I am not so selfish, or maybe Ill get lonely.

I think maybe even one day Ill grow up.............no promises.

Im just not old enough to date.

2 comments:

  1. :)

    Or you're just going to find a girl that you don't feel you have to be perfect with, and she won't pressure you at all or cost you money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Mark you are funny! Lizzy's right, you'll find someone that you don't feel stressed out about being perfect for because they will love the inperfect you! That's relationships and marriage in general.

    ReplyDelete